Sunday 17 October 2010

30 Minute Madness

This week saw the start of Jamie's 30 Minute Meals. Great idea, great recipes and great food, however it's slightly unrealistic as you never see the guy washing up. I love Jamie Oliver, he got me into cooking in the late 90's when I was just a spotty teenager. It's just I feel a little cynical about the programme, as it appears he has the perfect set up in his kitchen, all the right equipment and what appears to be an unlimited budget for his ingredients. It just pisses me off.

Why is he using Chanternay carrots when he could use normal ones at a quarter of the cost. Why would I make roast beef out of a fillet that cost about £30? That just isn't realistic. Sorry to bore, as I'm sure there are more worthy critics than me talking about this subject.


I bought the book anyway and it's full of useful tips and inspiring recipes so it's worth a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment