Saturday 2 October 2010

Monster Cauliflower

My girlfriend was given this cauliflower from someone at her work and I'm just making a soup out of it.

I slowly fried off some chili with a ton of garlic, then chucked in a load of spices (turmeric, garam masala etc) and cooked for a further 10 minutes on a very low heat. I chopped off a quarter of the cauliflower, broke it into small pieces and put it in the pan with a chopped up spud, then covered the veg with chicken stock and it's now bubbling away. I'm thinking, when the veg is cooked I'll smoothly blend it and put a tin of coconut milk in there to mellow out the spices and to add some sweet creaminess.

There are only a few things you can do with a cauliflower, so I'll let you know what happens to the rest of it. I feel a cauliflower cheese is on the cards!



No comments:

Post a Comment