Sunday 24 October 2010

Snail

After purging the snails for a couple of days it was time to cook.

Boiled live for a few minutes removed the slime and the vibrant green stuff. Then I cooled them under cold running water and cracked the shell to remove the flesh. Lots of garlic, butter, parsley and a splash of white wine in a frying pan creates all the flavor needed. Scoff.




As you can see from the expression on my face, chomping on a snail is can be a pleasant experience. I've eaten French style garlic snails in restaurants before and enjoyed them, however I felt the powerful flavor of the garlic was masking the true taste of the snail, because they actually taste disgusting. To be honest I was dreading the sacrifice, after keeping the snails for a few days they became my pets and when you view the cooking process of something it can become a little less appetising. But the actual result once the meat was in my mouth was a tender, juicy, tasty bit of food. Worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment